Government wasted four days of parliament: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP Tuesday accused the government of "wasting" four days of parliament in "managing numbers" for vote on FDI in multi-brand retail and said it should now announce that it was ready for debate on the issue under rule 184 which entails voting.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said after meeting of United Progressive Alliance partners Tuesday that the government has the numbers.
"In managing numbers, the UPA has wasted time of parliament. It should have managed the numbers on the first day... The government has agencies to use," he said.
"Four days were wasted due to their mistakes. They did not do management at the right time," Hussain said.
He said that the government should announce that it was ready for discussion under rule 184 Thursday.
Hussain said the BJP wanted a debate on the government decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail under voting rules as people need to know stand of parties in parliament on the issue.
"People need to know which are the parties really concerned (about FDI in multi-brand retail)," he said.
The winter session of parliament started Nov 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog