Government wasted four days of parliament: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP Tuesday accused the government of "wasting" four days of parliament in "managing numbers" for vote on FDI in multi-brand retail and said it should now announce that it was ready for debate on the issue under rule 184 which entails voting.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said after meeting of United Progressive Alliance partners Tuesday that the government has the numbers.
"In managing numbers, the UPA has wasted time of parliament. It should have managed the numbers on the first day... The government has agencies to use," he said.
"Four days were wasted due to their mistakes. They did not do management at the right time," Hussain said.
He said that the government should announce that it was ready for discussion under rule 184 Thursday.
Hussain said the BJP wanted a debate on the government decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail under voting rules as people need to know stand of parties in parliament on the issue.
"People need to know which are the parties really concerned (about FDI in multi-brand retail)," he said.
The winter session of parliament started Nov 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'