Government`s prerogative to transfer officials: Congress
New Delhi: Transferring bureaucrats was a prerogative of the state government, the Congress said Tuesday in response to a Haryana official being shunted out days after he ordered a probe into a deal between party president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty giant DLF for Rs.58 crore.
"Transfers and postings of bureaucrats is the prerogative of the state government. The chief secretary would clarify," Congress general secretary in charge of Haryana, B K Hari Prasad said.
The Congress leader, appearing to be distance himself from the controversy brewing in the party-led state, said Ashok Khemka was not the only official who had been transferred. There were others as well.
Khemka, who was shunted out by the Haryana government October 11 as director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration office, had on October 08 initiated a probe into the land deals done by Vadra and his companies in four districts adjoining Delhi.
He was transferred just three days later by the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government as managing director of the Haryana Seeds Development Corp, considered a junior and side-line posting. On Monday (October 15), his last day in office, Khemka cancelled the mutation of the plot.
The immediate fallout of the mutation cancellation would be that DLF would not be able get the title of the prime land, measuring over 3.5 acres, transferred to its name. The land will remain in the name of Vadra`s company M/s Sky Light Hospitality.
The land was sold to DLF on September 18 this year though the agreement to sell was executed in June 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!