Government`s prerogative to transfer officials: Congress
New Delhi: Transferring bureaucrats was a prerogative of the state government, the Congress said Tuesday in response to a Haryana official being shunted out days after he ordered a probe into a deal between party president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty giant DLF for Rs.58 crore.
"Transfers and postings of bureaucrats is the prerogative of the state government. The chief secretary would clarify," Congress general secretary in charge of Haryana, B K Hari Prasad said.
The Congress leader, appearing to be distance himself from the controversy brewing in the party-led state, said Ashok Khemka was not the only official who had been transferred. There were others as well.
Khemka, who was shunted out by the Haryana government October 11 as director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration office, had on October 08 initiated a probe into the land deals done by Vadra and his companies in four districts adjoining Delhi.
He was transferred just three days later by the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government as managing director of the Haryana Seeds Development Corp, considered a junior and side-line posting. On Monday (October 15), his last day in office, Khemka cancelled the mutation of the plot.
The immediate fallout of the mutation cancellation would be that DLF would not be able get the title of the prime land, measuring over 3.5 acres, transferred to its name. The land will remain in the name of Vadra`s company M/s Sky Light Hospitality.
The land was sold to DLF on September 18 this year though the agreement to sell was executed in June 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate