Govindacharya flays Karnataka CM
Hubli: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on Monday came under flak from Bharat Vikas Sangam
leader K N Govindacharya for inducting M P Renukacharya into
the ministry, an issue that has already snowballed into a
crisis in the ruling BJP.
"The Chief Minister has meekly surrendered to mine
owners and made a tainted legislator as minister to save his
chair", Govindacharya, a former BJP leader hit out at
Yeddyurappa while speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a
Apparently referring to the dissident activites
spearheaded by three ministers of Bellary including Tourism
Minister Janardhana Reddy, he took a dig at Yeddyurappa
remarking "the Chief Minister has thrown moral values to winds
and self-respect for the sake of power. Power is like our
We should not run after our shadow. Yeddyurappa should
He said all political parties are power hungry and BJP
"is not any different".
Govindacharya is here to participate in the 23rd annual
and sub-regional conference of chartered accountants that
began here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre