Govindacharya flays Karnataka CM
Hubli: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on Monday came under flak from Bharat Vikas Sangam
leader K N Govindacharya for inducting M P Renukacharya into
the ministry, an issue that has already snowballed into a
crisis in the ruling BJP.
"The Chief Minister has meekly surrendered to mine
owners and made a tainted legislator as minister to save his
chair", Govindacharya, a former BJP leader hit out at
Yeddyurappa while speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a
Apparently referring to the dissident activites
spearheaded by three ministers of Bellary including Tourism
Minister Janardhana Reddy, he took a dig at Yeddyurappa
remarking "the Chief Minister has thrown moral values to winds
and self-respect for the sake of power. Power is like our
We should not run after our shadow. Yeddyurappa should
He said all political parties are power hungry and BJP
"is not any different".
Govindacharya is here to participate in the 23rd annual
and sub-regional conference of chartered accountants that
began here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study