Govindacharya resigns as convener of RSA
Bhopal: Fuelling speculation about his
possible return to BJP, KN Govindacharya has resigned as
convener of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan, the organisation he
had promoted after resigning from the national party.
The announcement in this regard was made at the
Andolan`s two-day long national executive meeting which began
here on Saturday, sources said.
Govindacharya was replaced by Rakesh Dubey as the
national convener of the Andolan, they said.
The senior ideologue left for Delhi after receiving a
message from Delhi fuelling speculation of his return to the
BJP, they said.
However, Andolan`s national co-convener Kailash Tiwari
said that Govindacharya had to rush to Delhi for some
urgent work and before leaving he announced changes in the
When asked whether this was a step towards rejoining
BJP, Tiwari said that he was not aware of anything in this
Incidentally, Govindacharya`s close associate Uma
Bharti also resigned recently as president of Bhartiya
Janshakti Party fuelling speculation of her return to the BJP.
She had founded the party after resigning from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM