Govindacharya resigns as convener of RSA
Bhopal: Fuelling speculation about his
possible return to BJP, KN Govindacharya has resigned as
convener of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan, the organisation he
had promoted after resigning from the national party.
The announcement in this regard was made at the
Andolan`s two-day long national executive meeting which began
here on Saturday, sources said.
Govindacharya was replaced by Rakesh Dubey as the
national convener of the Andolan, they said.
The senior ideologue left for Delhi after receiving a
message from Delhi fuelling speculation of his return to the
BJP, they said.
However, Andolan`s national co-convener Kailash Tiwari
said that Govindacharya had to rush to Delhi for some
urgent work and before leaving he announced changes in the
When asked whether this was a step towards rejoining
BJP, Tiwari said that he was not aware of anything in this
Incidentally, Govindacharya`s close associate Uma
Bharti also resigned recently as president of Bhartiya
Janshakti Party fuelling speculation of her return to the BJP.
She had founded the party after resigning from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it