Govindacharya resigns as convener of RSA
Bhopal: Fuelling speculation about his
possible return to BJP, KN Govindacharya has resigned as
convener of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan, the organisation he
had promoted after resigning from the national party.
The announcement in this regard was made at the
Andolan`s two-day long national executive meeting which began
here on Saturday, sources said.
Govindacharya was replaced by Rakesh Dubey as the
national convener of the Andolan, they said.
The senior ideologue left for Delhi after receiving a
message from Delhi fuelling speculation of his return to the
BJP, they said.
However, Andolan`s national co-convener Kailash Tiwari
said that Govindacharya had to rush to Delhi for some
urgent work and before leaving he announced changes in the
When asked whether this was a step towards rejoining
BJP, Tiwari said that he was not aware of anything in this
Incidentally, Govindacharya`s close associate Uma
Bharti also resigned recently as president of Bhartiya
Janshakti Party fuelling speculation of her return to the BJP.
She had founded the party after resigning from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief