Govindacharya resigns as convener of RSA
Bhopal: Fuelling speculation about his
possible return to BJP, KN Govindacharya has resigned as
convener of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan, the organisation he
had promoted after resigning from the national party.
The announcement in this regard was made at the
Andolan`s two-day long national executive meeting which began
here on Saturday, sources said.
Govindacharya was replaced by Rakesh Dubey as the
national convener of the Andolan, they said.
The senior ideologue left for Delhi after receiving a
message from Delhi fuelling speculation of his return to the
BJP, they said.
However, Andolan`s national co-convener Kailash Tiwari
said that Govindacharya had to rush to Delhi for some
urgent work and before leaving he announced changes in the
When asked whether this was a step towards rejoining
BJP, Tiwari said that he was not aware of anything in this
Incidentally, Govindacharya`s close associate Uma
Bharti also resigned recently as president of Bhartiya
Janshakti Party fuelling speculation of her return to the BJP.
She had founded the party after resigning from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security