Govt admits delay in 140 road projects
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday admitted in
Rajya Sabha that as many as 140 road projects out of 211 are
delayed due to factors like increase in construction material
prices and problems in land acquisition.
"Out of 211 projects under implementation with NHAI, 140
projects are running behind schedule," Minister of State for
Road Transport R P N Singh told Rajya Sabha in reply to a
"The projects are delayed due to various reasons
including increase in prices of construction materials, delay
in land acquisition, utility shifting, obtaining clearances
from forest/environment, poor performance of some contractors
and law and order problems in some states," he said.
Escalations due to delay are paid as per contract
provisions, Singh said adding that progress of projects was
closely monitored and concerted efforts were being made to
expedite land acquisition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani