Govt admits delay in 140 road projects
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday admitted in
Rajya Sabha that as many as 140 road projects out of 211 are
delayed due to factors like increase in construction material
prices and problems in land acquisition.
"Out of 211 projects under implementation with NHAI, 140
projects are running behind schedule," Minister of State for
Road Transport R P N Singh told Rajya Sabha in reply to a
"The projects are delayed due to various reasons
including increase in prices of construction materials, delay
in land acquisition, utility shifting, obtaining clearances
from forest/environment, poor performance of some contractors
and law and order problems in some states," he said.
Escalations due to delay are paid as per contract
provisions, Singh said adding that progress of projects was
closely monitored and concerted efforts were being made to
expedite land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!