Govt admits delay in 140 road projects
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday admitted in
Rajya Sabha that as many as 140 road projects out of 211 are
delayed due to factors like increase in construction material
prices and problems in land acquisition.
"Out of 211 projects under implementation with NHAI, 140
projects are running behind schedule," Minister of State for
Road Transport R P N Singh told Rajya Sabha in reply to a
"The projects are delayed due to various reasons
including increase in prices of construction materials, delay
in land acquisition, utility shifting, obtaining clearances
from forest/environment, poor performance of some contractors
and law and order problems in some states," he said.
Escalations due to delay are paid as per contract
provisions, Singh said adding that progress of projects was
closely monitored and concerted efforts were being made to
expedite land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?