Govt admits delay in 140 road projects
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday admitted in
Rajya Sabha that as many as 140 road projects out of 211 are
delayed due to factors like increase in construction material
prices and problems in land acquisition.
"Out of 211 projects under implementation with NHAI, 140
projects are running behind schedule," Minister of State for
Road Transport R P N Singh told Rajya Sabha in reply to a
"The projects are delayed due to various reasons
including increase in prices of construction materials, delay
in land acquisition, utility shifting, obtaining clearances
from forest/environment, poor performance of some contractors
and law and order problems in some states," he said.
Escalations due to delay are paid as per contract
provisions, Singh said adding that progress of projects was
closely monitored and concerted efforts were being made to
expedite land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi