`Govt agencies will comply with SC order on Italian envoy`
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of airports across India put on alert to prevent Italian Ambassador Daniele Mancini from leaving the country, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday said the orders of the Supreme Court will be complied with by all government agencies.
"The Supreme Court order will be complied by all government agencies. Whoever has to do something will do it," he told reporters outside Parliament House in response to questions on the issue.
He said the matter will come up before the apex court again on Monday and "we will know then exactly what is the next step that should be taken."
The decision was taken by the Union Home Ministry a day after the apex court restrained the Italian Ambassador from leaving India without its permission.
The court had taken exception to Italian government`s refusal to send back two marines charged with the killing of two fishermen.
The two marines were allowed by the court to go to Italy to cast their vote in the elections there after the Italian Ambassador had given an assurance to send them back.
On the issue of Lok Sabha rejecting Pakistan National Assembly`s resolution on Afzal Guru, Khurshid said there was a "unanimous rejection" of the Pakistani resolution.
"It was a resolution that was moved by the Speaker at the request of the House. That resolution was unanimously endorsed by the House," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read