Govt agrees to debate on Maken`s statement
New Delhi: With Parliament being stalled
on Monday over Sports Minister Ajay Maken`s statement on CWG,
the government has agreed to have a discussion on the matter
tomorrow when the Opposition is expected to attack him along
with the PMO and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
The discussion in the Lok Sabha will be initiated by BJP
leader Yashwant Sinha and followed by Kirti Azad, sources
In the Rajya Sabha, the discussion will be started by
Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley and followed by Prakash
During the debate, the Opposition is expected to attack
Maken, whom they accuse of misleading Parliament by stating on
August 5 that Suresh Kalmadi was appointed as CWG
Organising Committee chief by NDA government and the UPA
dispensation could not do anything about it later as it was
bound by Host City Agreement signed with the Commonwealth
An unfazed Maken today stuck to his statement and said he
was ready to give any clarification in Parliament.
The Opposition is also planning to target the PMO and
Dikshit, whose resignation is being demanded for her alleged
role in wasteful expenditure in a project linked to the Games
held in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!