Govt agrees to debate on Maken`s statement
New Delhi: With Parliament being stalled
on Monday over Sports Minister Ajay Maken`s statement on CWG,
the government has agreed to have a discussion on the matter
tomorrow when the Opposition is expected to attack him along
with the PMO and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
The discussion in the Lok Sabha will be initiated by BJP
leader Yashwant Sinha and followed by Kirti Azad, sources
In the Rajya Sabha, the discussion will be started by
Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley and followed by Prakash
During the debate, the Opposition is expected to attack
Maken, whom they accuse of misleading Parliament by stating on
August 5 that Suresh Kalmadi was appointed as CWG
Organising Committee chief by NDA government and the UPA
dispensation could not do anything about it later as it was
bound by Host City Agreement signed with the Commonwealth
An unfazed Maken today stuck to his statement and said he
was ready to give any clarification in Parliament.
The Opposition is also planning to target the PMO and
Dikshit, whose resignation is being demanded for her alleged
role in wasteful expenditure in a project linked to the Games
held in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack