Govt all set to procure 126 French combat aircraft
New Delhi: Addressing questions raised over the process of selecting Rafale fighter planes, sources said the government is going ahead with the procurement of 126 French combat aircraft and effort is being made to complete the deal within this financial year.
Contract negotiations for the multi-billion dollar deal will resume soon, Government sources told a news agency here.
Questions had been raised over the process by an MP besides some other quarters but a committee of independent monitors has given a clean chit to the process, they said.
Government is making efforts to conclude the deal during this financial year, sources said.
The examination of the process was ordered by Defence Minister AK Antony after former MP Mysura Reddy questioned the method of selecting Rafale as the lowest bidder for the deal.
Responding to the charges levelled by him, Antony had recently issued a letter to the former TDP MP saying that the Contract Negotiations Committee (CNC) has been directed to proceed to complete its deliberations and finalise its report.
In his letter to Reddy, Antony said, "the issues raised by you were examined by Independent monitors who have concluded that the approach and methodology adopted by the CNC in the evaluation of the commercial proposals thus far has been reasonable and appropriate and within terms of the Request for Proposal and Defence Procurement Procedure."
"Before any further action is taken, the entire issue of approach and methodology adopted by the CNC to determine the L-1 vendor as well as your letter and other references received in this regard will be re-examined by the Defence Ministry to ascertain that the entire procurement process is reasonable, appropriate and as per the laid down procedure," Antony had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users