Govt allows export of gelatin capsules to EU
New Delhi: India on Thursday allowed export of
empty gelatin capsules to the European Union with certain
Empty gelatin capsules are used for making vitamins and
herbal supplements with capsule machines.
The export of the item produced from animal by-products,
will be allowed only when the export promotion council of
chemical and allied products, CAPEXIL, issues a shipment
clearance certificate, the Directorate General of Foreign
Trade (DGFT) said in a notification.
Also, the exporter will have to provide `Health
Certificate` consignment-wise to the buyer.
"...Health certificate will be issued jointly by CAPEXIL
and Regional Animal Quarantine Officer, Department of Animal
Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture,
Government of India," the DGFT said.
In an another notification, DGFT extended the
implementation date of its earlier amendment, to June 15 next
year, which suggested that meat exporters would be required
certification that the items have been obtained/sourced from
an APEDA registered integrated abattoir.
Earlier, the provision was to be implemented from October
"This transitional arrangement would enable the exporters
of meat and meat products to upgrade their abattoirs for
sourcing of raw material and obtain registration from APEDA.
Keeping in view paramount concern for public health and
hygiene, no further extension of time will be granted," it
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export
Development Authority (APEDA) is the export promotion body for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali