Govt always lies when it comes to inflation: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday rubbished all claims
by the government that inflation will moderate by December, saying whenever the Manmohan Singh dispensation speaks on the issue it only tells lies and misleads the people.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today said at an editors conference that government has been taking steps to deal with the economy hit by the global slowdown and expressed hope that inflation would start moderating by December.
Asked for its views on this claim of the government,
BJP said the government is not speaking the truth.
"Whenever there is a discussion on price rise, though
we would not like to use such words, whether it is the Prime
Minister or the Finance Minister, they lie to the country
about the issue," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
The opposition has treated inflation and price rise as the same and countered government claims that inflation is also an indicator of growth.
"On price rise, this government always lies to the
people. In the last two years, its burden is now $ 5.8
trillion which people like you and I have to bear," Rudy told
The BJP has also said that the poor have been worst
affected by price rise as their income has not increased while
costs of essential commodities have gone up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician