Govt always lies when it comes to inflation: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday rubbished all claims
by the government that inflation will moderate by December, saying whenever the Manmohan Singh dispensation speaks on the issue it only tells lies and misleads the people.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today said at an editors conference that government has been taking steps to deal with the economy hit by the global slowdown and expressed hope that inflation would start moderating by December.
Asked for its views on this claim of the government,
BJP said the government is not speaking the truth.
"Whenever there is a discussion on price rise, though
we would not like to use such words, whether it is the Prime
Minister or the Finance Minister, they lie to the country
about the issue," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
The opposition has treated inflation and price rise as the same and countered government claims that inflation is also an indicator of growth.
"On price rise, this government always lies to the
people. In the last two years, its burden is now $ 5.8
trillion which people like you and I have to bear," Rudy told
The BJP has also said that the poor have been worst
affected by price rise as their income has not increased while
costs of essential commodities have gone up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'