Govt always lies when it comes to inflation: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday rubbished all claims
by the government that inflation will moderate by December, saying whenever the Manmohan Singh dispensation speaks on the issue it only tells lies and misleads the people.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today said at an editors conference that government has been taking steps to deal with the economy hit by the global slowdown and expressed hope that inflation would start moderating by December.
Asked for its views on this claim of the government,
BJP said the government is not speaking the truth.
"Whenever there is a discussion on price rise, though
we would not like to use such words, whether it is the Prime
Minister or the Finance Minister, they lie to the country
about the issue," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
The opposition has treated inflation and price rise as the same and countered government claims that inflation is also an indicator of growth.
"On price rise, this government always lies to the
people. In the last two years, its burden is now $ 5.8
trillion which people like you and I have to bear," Rudy told
The BJP has also said that the poor have been worst
affected by price rise as their income has not increased while
costs of essential commodities have gone up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day