Govt appoints Radhakrishnan as Chairman of JNPT
New Delhi: The government today appointed L
Radhakrishnan, Principal Secretary to the Kerala government, as Chairman of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
Radhakrishnan`s appointment has been done for a period of five years "w.e.f. the date of assumption of charge of the post or up to the date of his retirement on superannuation or until further orders, whichever is the earliest," an official statement said here.
Radhakrishnan, a 1984 batch IAS officer, is posted as
Principal Secretary, Department of Power, Kerala.
The JNPT governs the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai,
which is one of the 13 major ports in the country under the Central government.
The port handled 4.06 million TEUs (20 foot equivalent)
of container traffic during the last fiscal registering a
growth of 2.75 per cent over the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?