Govt appoints Radhakrishnan as Chairman of JNPT
New Delhi: The government today appointed L
Radhakrishnan, Principal Secretary to the Kerala government, as Chairman of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
Radhakrishnan`s appointment has been done for a period of five years "w.e.f. the date of assumption of charge of the post or up to the date of his retirement on superannuation or until further orders, whichever is the earliest," an official statement said here.
Radhakrishnan, a 1984 batch IAS officer, is posted as
Principal Secretary, Department of Power, Kerala.
The JNPT governs the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai,
which is one of the 13 major ports in the country under the Central government.
The port handled 4.06 million TEUs (20 foot equivalent)
of container traffic during the last fiscal registering a
growth of 2.75 per cent over the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her