Govt appoints Radhakrishnan as Chairman of JNPT
New Delhi: The government today appointed L
Radhakrishnan, Principal Secretary to the Kerala government, as Chairman of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
Radhakrishnan`s appointment has been done for a period of five years "w.e.f. the date of assumption of charge of the post or up to the date of his retirement on superannuation or until further orders, whichever is the earliest," an official statement said here.
Radhakrishnan, a 1984 batch IAS officer, is posted as
Principal Secretary, Department of Power, Kerala.
The JNPT governs the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai,
which is one of the 13 major ports in the country under the Central government.
The port handled 4.06 million TEUs (20 foot equivalent)
of container traffic during the last fiscal registering a
growth of 2.75 per cent over the previous fiscal.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation