Govt appoints Radhakrishnan as Chairman of JNPT
New Delhi: The government today appointed L
Radhakrishnan, Principal Secretary to the Kerala government, as Chairman of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
Radhakrishnan`s appointment has been done for a period of five years "w.e.f. the date of assumption of charge of the post or up to the date of his retirement on superannuation or until further orders, whichever is the earliest," an official statement said here.
Radhakrishnan, a 1984 batch IAS officer, is posted as
Principal Secretary, Department of Power, Kerala.
The JNPT governs the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai,
which is one of the 13 major ports in the country under the Central government.
The port handled 4.06 million TEUs (20 foot equivalent)
of container traffic during the last fiscal registering a
growth of 2.75 per cent over the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon