Govt appoints special court to try 2G scam
New Delhi: Government on Monday appointed a
special court to try cases relating to 2G-spectrum scam
following directions of the Supreme Court.
Delhi Government issued a notification designating Om
Prakash Saini as a special judge to "undertake the trial of
cases in relation to all matters pertaining to 2G scam
In a separate notification, Department of Revenue in
the Finance Ministry designated the sessions court of Saini as
special court to deal with offences under the Prevention of
Money Laundering Act 2002.
The Law Ministry had favoured the special court to be
given the powers of a sessions court as the Enforcement
Directorate, looking into alleged violations of Prevention of
Money Laundering Act, cannot file a chargesheet in a lower
court according to the provisions of the Act.
"We have issued the notification to try exclusively
the 2G scam cases after getting approval from the Lt Governor
Tejinder Khanna," Delhi Law Secretary SP Garg said.
The apex court had asked the government to set up a
special court exclusively for dealing with the 2G spectrum
CBI had informed the court that it will file the first
chargesheet in 2G spectrum scam against former Telecom
Minister A Raja and other accused under the Prevention of
Corruption Act for cheating and forgery by March 31.
Attorney General GE Vahanvati had written to Moily
suggesting him to request the Chief Justice of the Delhi High
Court to initiate the process for nominating a judge for the
Following the AG`s opinion. Moily had written to Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi High Court Chief
Justice Deepak Misra to nominate a judge for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'