Govt approves about Rs 5k cr road projects
New Delhi: The government on Thursday approved
about Rs 5,000 crore road projects in Arunachal Pradesh and
Assam mainly for widening the existing road networks into
The projects include converting Potin to Pangin and
Nechipu to Hoj stretches, parts of Trans Arunachal Highway
"The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) today
accorded administrative approval...for the widening of
existing road to two-lane national highways standards from
Potin to Pangin on BOT (build, operate, transfer) basis," an
official statement said.
"The total project cost is estimated at Rs 1,855 crore
under BOT basis," it said.
The statement said that approval was also granted for Rs
1,389 crore project for two-laning of Nechipu to Hoj section
on BOT basis.
Apart from these the CCI accorded approval for Rs 725.67
crore project for construction of bridges across Daibang river
system and connecting road besides construction of bridge
across river Lohit at Alubari Ghat.
The Assam project include," construction of bridge
between Dhola and Sadia ghats alongwith two lane connecting
roads from near about Dhola to Islampur Tinali in Assam at an
estimated cost of Rs 827.10 crore and total project cost of Rs
876 crore under the BOT basis."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Make your monsoon more enjoyable with these healthy tips!
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier
- Turkey detains 13 suspects over Istanbul airport attack