Govt approves about Rs 5k cr road projects
New Delhi: The government on Thursday approved
about Rs 5,000 crore road projects in Arunachal Pradesh and
Assam mainly for widening the existing road networks into
The projects include converting Potin to Pangin and
Nechipu to Hoj stretches, parts of Trans Arunachal Highway
"The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) today
accorded administrative approval...for the widening of
existing road to two-lane national highways standards from
Potin to Pangin on BOT (build, operate, transfer) basis," an
official statement said.
"The total project cost is estimated at Rs 1,855 crore
under BOT basis," it said.
The statement said that approval was also granted for Rs
1,389 crore project for two-laning of Nechipu to Hoj section
on BOT basis.
Apart from these the CCI accorded approval for Rs 725.67
crore project for construction of bridges across Daibang river
system and connecting road besides construction of bridge
across river Lohit at Alubari Ghat.
The Assam project include," construction of bridge
between Dhola and Sadia ghats alongwith two lane connecting
roads from near about Dhola to Islampur Tinali in Assam at an
estimated cost of Rs 827.10 crore and total project cost of Rs
876 crore under the BOT basis."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'