Govt approves creation of 1004 new posts in CISF
New Delhi: The government has approved creation of 1004 new posts in CISF for augmenting security at several public and private installations, including Ahmedabad Airport and Infosys Technologies, Mysore.
In its order, the Home Ministry approved the creation of 323 posts in the Central Industrial Security Force for Koderma Thermal Power Project, Jharkhand, 239 posts for Durgapur Steel Thermal Power Station, West Bengal and 200 posts for Pragati Power Station, Delhi.
CISF posts were also created for establishments like Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station, West Bengal (84 posts), Infosys Technologies, Mysore (54 posts), Ahmedabad Airport (45 posts), Paricha Thermal Power Project, Uttar Pradesh (42 posts) and National Security Council Secretariat and Joint Intelligence Committee, New Delhi (17 posts).
In the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, the government had brought a new clause in the CISF Act in 2009 which enabled it to extend security cover to private sector establishments, apart from public sector organisations, in lieu of deployment charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing