Govt approves creation of 1004 new posts in CISF
New Delhi: The government has approved creation of 1004 new posts in CISF for augmenting security at several public and private installations, including Ahmedabad Airport and Infosys Technologies, Mysore.
In its order, the Home Ministry approved the creation of 323 posts in the Central Industrial Security Force for Koderma Thermal Power Project, Jharkhand, 239 posts for Durgapur Steel Thermal Power Station, West Bengal and 200 posts for Pragati Power Station, Delhi.
CISF posts were also created for establishments like Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station, West Bengal (84 posts), Infosys Technologies, Mysore (54 posts), Ahmedabad Airport (45 posts), Paricha Thermal Power Project, Uttar Pradesh (42 posts) and National Security Council Secretariat and Joint Intelligence Committee, New Delhi (17 posts).
In the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, the government had brought a new clause in the CISF Act in 2009 which enabled it to extend security cover to private sector establishments, apart from public sector organisations, in lieu of deployment charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL