Govt approves creation of 1004 new posts in CISF
New Delhi: The government has approved creation of 1004 new posts in CISF for augmenting security at several public and private installations, including Ahmedabad Airport and Infosys Technologies, Mysore.
In its order, the Home Ministry approved the creation of 323 posts in the Central Industrial Security Force for Koderma Thermal Power Project, Jharkhand, 239 posts for Durgapur Steel Thermal Power Station, West Bengal and 200 posts for Pragati Power Station, Delhi.
CISF posts were also created for establishments like Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station, West Bengal (84 posts), Infosys Technologies, Mysore (54 posts), Ahmedabad Airport (45 posts), Paricha Thermal Power Project, Uttar Pradesh (42 posts) and National Security Council Secretariat and Joint Intelligence Committee, New Delhi (17 posts).
In the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, the government had brought a new clause in the CISF Act in 2009 which enabled it to extend security cover to private sector establishments, apart from public sector organisations, in lieu of deployment charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead