Govt approves creation of 1004 new posts in CISF
New Delhi: The government has approved creation of 1004 new posts in CISF for augmenting security at several public and private installations, including Ahmedabad Airport and Infosys Technologies, Mysore.
In its order, the Home Ministry approved the creation of 323 posts in the Central Industrial Security Force for Koderma Thermal Power Project, Jharkhand, 239 posts for Durgapur Steel Thermal Power Station, West Bengal and 200 posts for Pragati Power Station, Delhi.
CISF posts were also created for establishments like Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station, West Bengal (84 posts), Infosys Technologies, Mysore (54 posts), Ahmedabad Airport (45 posts), Paricha Thermal Power Project, Uttar Pradesh (42 posts) and National Security Council Secretariat and Joint Intelligence Committee, New Delhi (17 posts).
In the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, the government had brought a new clause in the CISF Act in 2009 which enabled it to extend security cover to private sector establishments, apart from public sector organisations, in lieu of deployment charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what