Govt approves National Cyber Security Policy
New Delhi: The government today approved the National Cyber Security Policy that aims to create a secure computing environment in the country and build capacities to strengthen the current set up with focus on manpower training.
The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approved the policy which stresses on augmenting India`s indigenous capabilities in terms of developing the cyber security set up.
"CCS met today and approved the National Cyber Security Policy, which sets a road map for strengthening cyber security of the country by building capacities in the country, training manpower etc," a source said after the meeting.
A senior official in the Department of Information Technology said the policy strives for a secure computing environment and seeks to build adequate trust and confidence in electronic transactions.
"This policy caters for the whole spectrum of ICT users and providers including small and home users, medium and large enterprises and government and non-government entities," the official added.
It aims to create a cyber security framework that will address all related issues over a long period. The framework will lead to specific actions and programmes to enhance the security posture of country`s cyber space.
Besides, cyber security intelligence forms an integral component to be able to anticipate attacks and quickly adopt counter measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing