Govt-Army ties at an all time low: Advani
New Delhi: Terming as "extremely alarming" the
media report of two Army units moving towards Delhi without
notifying the Government in January this year, BJP leader L K
Advani today said it shows that the Government-Army ties are
at an all time low and highlights the "trust deficit" in
"If one reads the April 4 report thoroughly, and the
several follow-up stories published on April 5, one would have
to concede that the reports are extremely alarming," Advani
wrote on his blog today.
He shared the BJP spokesperson`s view that "Government-
Army ties are at an all time low".
"(it) does highlight how deep is the trust deficit
pervading the establishment circles these days," Advani said.
There was an unusual movement of a Mechanised Infantry
unit from Hisar in Haryana and a sizeable section of 50 Para
Brigade from Agra on the night of January 16-17 towards the
Advani, however, expressed relief that the Indian Express
report itself "has taken pains to dispel emphatically any
sinister meaning being read into the story".
"It (the report) has said that no one `is using the C
word to imply anything other than curious," Advani wrote on
The BJP leader, however, took the opportunity to lash out
at former Home Minister Buta Singh while reminding a 1989
episode when he tried to call in the Army ahead of dissolving
the Lok Sabha after Congress lost the election and Rajiv
Gandhi was ousted as prime minister.
"Lt Governor Bhandari may plead innocence. But the then
Union Home Minister Buta Singh cannot. That he did initiate a
move to call in the army on the basis of a concocted story
becomes evident from the LG’s own testimony," Advani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic