Govt asked to address rehabilitation of nurses who returned from Iraq
New Delhi: The government was on Tuesday asked to take care of the rehabilitation of nurses who have returned from strife-torn Iraq.
Raising the issue in the Lok Sabha during the Zero Hour, Congress leader K Suresh said "the government should take action for the safe return of nurses stranded in Iraq... The government should also take care of the rehabilitation of nurses who have come back from Iraq".
More than 2,500 Indians, including many nurses, have returned from Iraq.
There were about 10,000 Indians before the start of the serious strife between government troops and Sunni militants in Iraq. With the Ministry of External Affairs facilitating the exit, it is estimated that there are about 7,000 Indians left in non-conflict zones.
Meanwhile, Congress leader MK Raghavan raised concerns about the working conditions of nurses in India.
Noting that nurses are getting low salaries and their working conditions are also not good, he demanded the government come up with a policy for them.
The government should constitute a commission for nurses to address their problems, Raghavan said.
During the Zero Hour, AIUDF leader Badruddin Ajmal urged the government to take action to stop killing of people in Assam.
Noting that the state government has failed to take tough action, he asked the Centre to ensure the safety of Muslims and members of other communities in the state.
BJP member Jugal Kishore Sharma raised the issue of refugees in Jammu & Kashmir who migrated from Pakistan.
Sharma said there are about 12 lakh refugees fighting for their rights in J&K.
They should be given ownership rights and the government should look at setting up a refugee development board to address their problems, he noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you