Govt asks child rights body to probe AIIMS abuse case
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday asked the country`s leading child rights body to probe sexual abuse of a minor boy allegedly by a doctor at AIIMS even as the police were yet to make any arrest in connection with the case.
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath asked National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) to look into the matter.
"The NCPCR has been asked to look into the allegations and submit a report," she told reporters.
A senior police official said they were yet to make any arrest in the case though the junior doctor in question has been asked to join investigations after a case was registered yesterday.
The boy`s family approached police this evening after filing a complaint with hospital authorities two days ago. The AIIMS administration has ordered an inquiry by a panel headed by senior doctor A C Ammini into the allegations.
A case under sections 377 (unnatural offences), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 511 (attempting to commit offences punishable with life imprisonment and in such attempt doing any act towards the commission of the offence) was filed.
Relevant sections of Juvenile Justice Act was invoked.
The family claimed that the boy was sodomised allegedly by the doctor on January 23. The boy, a resident of north-east Delhi`s Hardevpuri, was admitted to the hospital on January 18 and had undergone a surgery two days later.
However, a junior doctor allegedly sodomised him a day before he was to be discharged from the hospital, the family claimed.
The boy`s father said they wrote everything the child told them in the complaint. The father alleged that the doctor took the child to the duty room and abused him sexually.
He claimed the boy would be able to identify the doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre