Govt asks Internet service providers to remove hate content
New Delhi: Government has issued directions to all Internet service providers to disable any inflammatory or hateful content that targets the community for northeastern states.
"Based on complaints regarding content that`s inflammatory, hateful and inciting violence targeting North East Community, DIT has issued an advisory to all intermediaries," Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot said.
The advisory based on terms and provisions of IT Act and Rules asks them to take action for disabling all such content on priority, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?