Govt asks states to intensify operations against Maoists
New Delhi: The Centre Wednesday asked all Naxal- affected states to intensify operations against ultras especially along inter-state borders as Maoists are carrying out `spectacular attacks` to boost morale of the cadres.
A day after the killing of an SP and four others by Naxals in Jharkhand, the Home Ministry told the states to do their best to flush out the Maoists from their strongholds through joint operations with neighbouring states and Central forces.
At a high-level meeting, convened by Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami and attended by Home Ministry advisory K Vijay Kumar, Director of Intelligence Bureau Asif Ibrahim and Director General of CRPF, the security situation in Naxal-hit states was reviewed threadbare and CRPF was directed to take lead in anti-Maoists operations wherever required.
Sources said since the Maoists were under pressure in their core areas, they wanted to divert the attention to non-core areas by launching `spectacular attacks` like targeting police, politicians and bureaucrats.
Yesterday`s killing of SP of Pakur district in Jharkhand was part of the new Naxal strategy.
So, the security forces have been instructed to avoid losses in non-core areas and put pressure in core areas thorough continuous offensive against the Maoists in their stronghold.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!