Govt aware of China developing infrastructure on border
New Delhi: India on Wednesday said it was aware of infrastructure building by China in the border regions in Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions and the government was giving "careful and special attention" to development in those areas.
"Government is giving careful and special attention to
the development of infrastructure in the border areas opposite
China, in order to meet our strategic and security
requirements and also to facilitate the economic development
of these areas," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said.
In a written reply he informed Lok Sabha that the
government was aware of China developing infrastructure in the
border regions opposite India in Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous
"This includes Qinghai-Tibet railway line, with proposed
extension up to Xigaze and Nyingchi, and development of road
and airport facilities," he said.
Government has been giving attention to development of
border states including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh, Krishna said.
Afghanistan: There have been 13 Indian casualties in
terrorist related incidents in Afghanistan and necessary
precautionary and preventive measures have been taken from
time to time, including deployment of security personnel to
thwart terrorist attacks, Krishna said in reply to another
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress