Govt, Bharti Walmart to train unemployed youths
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon
sign an agreement with Bharti Wal Mart Pvt Ltd under
which the wholesale chain will provide skill development
training to unemployed youths in the city.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said there is a shortage
of skilled manpower in the capital and the short term
vocational certificate courses to be offered by the company,
a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Walmart Inc,
will help unemployed youths find jobs.
A proposal in this regard was today approved at a
meeting of Delhi Cabinet presided over by Dikshit, who said
that the Department of Training and Technical Education will
soon sign an agreement with the company which will impart
vocational training free of cost.
"The collaboration will go a long way in helping skill
development of unemployed youths in Delhi," the Chief Minister
Officials said the company will establish Bharti
Wal Mart Skill Centres (BWSC) at Vir Savarkar Basic Training
Centre to provide free training to all students.
Wal-Mart Inc is the largest retail chain in the world
while Bharti Enterprises is India`s largest mobile telephone
Noting that the national capital has huge employment
opportunities for trained people, Dikshit said that government
decided to join hands with the Bharti Wal Mart following
instructions from National Skill Commission as well as policy
guidelines of the Planning Commission.
She said all expenses for imparting the training will
be borne by the company which will also provide administrative
and support services at its own cost.
The company will also endeavour to ensure that
trainees obtain decent wage employment on successful
completion of training.
The training will be imparted on all working days
between 4.00 PM to 8.00 PM and from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM on
Saturdays and Sundays.
The ownership of the class rooms and facilities will
remain with the government which will provide complete
autonomy to the company to modify the syllabus as per the
industry requirement from time to time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack