Govt brings out advt to explain fuel price hike
New Delhi: Even as the government faces the ire of common man and various political parties over increase in diesel prices and capping domestic, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas on Monday explained the reasons that forced the government to go ahead with the unpopular moved.
The government detailed the reasons in front page advertorials in leading newspapers.
The projected massive under-recoveries for the financial year 2012-13 stands at Rs 1,87,127 crore in the wake of high international crude oil prices and sharp depreciation of Indian Rupee against US Dollar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP