Govt cancels dinner for award winners over Sarabjit Singh`s death
New Delhi: The I&B Ministry on Thursday cancelled a dinner to be hosted here in honour of the National Film Award Winners following the death of Sarabjit Singh as a mark of respect to him.
In view of the anguish felt by the entire nation on the tragic and painful death of Sarabjit, Minister Manish Tewari decided to cancel the dinner as scheduled today, said officials.
Condemning the brutal assault on Sarabjit, Tewari said "the his unfortunate death "in Pakistan?s custody has hurt the sentiments of all Indians. The country, in this hour of grief, stands by the family of the victim."
The award function tomorrow, to be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, will, however, be held as per schedule, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price