Govt can`t be trusted in war against terror: BJP
New Delhi: Seizing on another goof-up in the
list of India`s most wanted men, BJP tonight attacked the
government for its "failure" to "carry out war against error"
and alleged it has made India a "laughing stock" before the
"It (government) can hardly be trusted on the war against
terror when it cannot even carry out a war against errors,"
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said
Jaitley`s counterpart in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said "to
err is government of India".
"To err is government of India. Our government has made us
a laughing stock before the whole world," she said.
BJP`s fresh attack on the government after it came to
light today that Feroz Abdul Khan, alias Hamza, an accused in
1993 Mumbai blast case, who figured in India`s list of wanted
persons handed over to Pakistan, was traced to a Mumbai jail,
in the second such goof-up being noticed in three days.
Terming it very "unfortunate" and "shameful", BJP
president Nitin Gadkari said "it is a failure of the Home
Ministry and the way in which it has been happening. It is
very unfortunate and shameful for the country."
He said the goof-up is an embarrassment for the country.
"The international community will not take our case
When it was pointed out that CBI is under DoPT, Gadkari
said "this indicates how our agencies are working and how our
government is working."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi