Govt carefully assessing naxal situation: Antony
Lucknow: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday said the Union government was carefully assessing naxal situation in the country and would take a decision soon to
effectively deal with it.
"The government will take a decision (anti-naxal strategy) after carefully assessing various implications and pros and cons," he told reporters.
"It is a serious issue and the government will go through all the aspects in depth and also the implications", Antony, who was here to inaugurate a housing project for
He said his ministry would convey its suggestions on the subject after getting views of the Army and the Airforce.
"The Army and the Airforce are carefully discussing the issue within themselves and once they send their proposal then only we (the ministry) will send our proposal to the
government," he said.
When asked how much time this exercise would take, the minister said his ministry would send its proposal at the earliest.
The Defence minister desisted from indulging in public discussion on the topic.
"As it`s a serious issue, internal discussions are not to be revealed to the public and are not for public debate. Don`t expect much from me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!