Govt circulates Food Security Bill to states for observation
New Delhi: The Centre has circulated a draft of the National Food Security Bill to the State governments for their views. The Minister for Agriculture, Sharad Pawar stated this during question hour in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
Sharad Pawar said that the government is planning a meeting of all the State Chief Ministers in this regard. Talking about the food situation in the country, he said that 16 states were hit by drought and heavy rainfalls affected several other states including Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
The Minister for Agriculture said that the government through various central schemes has taken measures to compensate for the losses suffered during the Kharif season.
Pawar said some states including Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh had taken appropriate measures to bring in more land for wheat production, expressing his belief that the country would produce wheat in surplus as it did last year. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!