Govt `closely watching` all activities of China: AK Antony
New Delhi: Government is "closely watching" all activities of China and necessary measures have been initiated to protect the economic and security interests of the country, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Monday.
"Government is closely watching all activities of China and is fully seized of security needs of the country. Necessary measures have been initiated to ensure national security and economic interests of the country," Antony said in Lok Sabha in response to a query.
Responding to a query on China`s plan to establish an astronomical observatory in Aksai Chin area with help of Japan and South Korea, he said, "the observatory is apparently coming up at Shiquanhe which is located in the People`s Republic of China."
In reply to a query on the US government`s request for missions in the Northeast region to recover remains of US service personnel who died in World War-II, he said, "So far, three missions have been conducted.
"All future missions are envisaged to be conducted after due consultation with relevant agencies in central government and concerned state governments."
To a query on removal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, Antony said, "no decision has been taken so far to withdraw it from any area of the state."
"The Group of Interlocutors in their report has suggested amendment of AFSPA as one of the measures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'