`Govt, Cong behind morale loss of security forces`
New Delhi: Amid contradictory claims by
Mumbai ATS and Delhi Police over an arrest in the July 13
blast case, BJP today claimed that?a lack of political will of
government and "appeasement politics" of Congress were
behind loss of morale of security agencies in dealing with
terror incidents in the country.
It also said the failure of the government in solving
nine recent cases of bomb blasts was in fact the "failure" of
Home Minister P Chidambaram who owed an explanation to the
"There is a lack of political will of the government in
dealing with terror. Congress leaders like Digvijay Singh, who
is the `His Master`s Voice` of the Congress President, are
dubbing encounters like the one which took place in Batla
House as fake.
"This has brought down the morale of the security
agencies," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters
He said the "appeasement politics" being followed by the
Congress was working against national interests.
The Rajya Sabha MP claimed that people had hoped that
after Chidambaram took over as the Home Minister against the
backdrop of his predecessor Shivraj Patil, things would
"He had set up new agencies like NIA. But at least nine
cases of bomb blasts have not been solved. It is the worst
failure of Chidambaram who owes an explanation to the nation,"
Javadekar said the fiasco of so-called cracking of
the July 13 Mumbai terror attack has once again exposed total
lack of coordination among the various investigating agencies.
"The IB has now made clear that the arrested person by
Mumbai ATS is their informer. It has also brought out a vivid
failure to solve any of the terror attacks, which have taken
place after?Chidambaram took over as Home Minister.
"This needs a deeper introspection of why security
agencies are failing to solve or crack any of the terror
cases," he said.
Replying to a question on Shiv Sena working president
Uddhav Thackeray?indirectly calling for check on entry of
outsiders into Mumbai against the backdrop of?13/7 blasts,
Javadekar said his party does not?believe in terrorism based
on religion or region.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?