Govt connivance in Robert Vadra`s land deals, alleges BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday alleged there was government connivance in the reported anomalies in land deals by Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in Rajasthan and demanded a court-monitored CBI inquiry into the matter.
"These land deals show a new PPP model. It is P-4 which stands for Public Policy for Private Profit... This is not just a private dealing of a private individual. This is much beyond," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
He charged the UPA government with coming out with a plan to establish solar plants in Bikaner district of Rajasthan and giving licenses to 722 people with a promise from the state government that land will be provided at cheap rates and then backing out.
"But then the state government did a U-turn and said land cannot be provided cheap as it belongs to Robert Vadra... This has resulted in a windfall for Vadra," Javadekar said.
Flanked by BJP MPs Arjun Meghwal and V P Singh Badnor from Rajasthan, Javadekar said his party demands a court-monitored CBI inquiry into the matter.
BJP raised this issue in both Houses of Parliament today and did not allow it to function.
The main opposition alleged Vadra and his mother Maureen floated 12 companies which had secured loans and bought the properties.
"This is a curious model and a new practice where the owner gives unsecured loans to the buyer with which the company purchases the land. The same firm then pays a hefty cheque to the buyer for a buy-back," Javadekar said.
Meghwal alleged Vadra gave power of attorney to one Mahesh Nagar to do the land deals. Properties were bought for as low as Rs 20,000- Rs 30,000 per bigha and were now being sold for Rs 5 Lakh and above, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?