Govt could force-feed Team Anna: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday indicated that the government could force-feed members of Team Anna if they continue their indefinite fast in support of their demand for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
"The government cannot allow people to die. Therefore, the government has to look into it," Digvijay Singh told a private TV here.
Pushing for a dialogue, he, however, said talks could not be held at "gun point" and called upon Anna Hazare and his associates to give up their fast.
"My own experience as chief minister is that all issues can be sorted through dialogue," he said.
He said Hazare and his associates giving up their fast will facilitate the process of dialogue.
Fasting Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, a diabetic, whose health condition has caused concern, said he was feeling weak but would not go to a government hospital where he feared he would surely die.
While Hazare`s fast against corruption entered the fourth day, Team Anna members, including Kejriwal, have been off food since a week in support of their cause. Doctors said that though they were weak, their condition was stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far