Govt could force-feed Team Anna: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday indicated that the government could force-feed members of Team Anna if they continue their indefinite fast in support of their demand for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
"The government cannot allow people to die. Therefore, the government has to look into it," Digvijay Singh told a private TV here.
Pushing for a dialogue, he, however, said talks could not be held at "gun point" and called upon Anna Hazare and his associates to give up their fast.
"My own experience as chief minister is that all issues can be sorted through dialogue," he said.
He said Hazare and his associates giving up their fast will facilitate the process of dialogue.
Fasting Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, a diabetic, whose health condition has caused concern, said he was feeling weak but would not go to a government hospital where he feared he would surely die.
While Hazare`s fast against corruption entered the fourth day, Team Anna members, including Kejriwal, have been off food since a week in support of their cause. Doctors said that though they were weak, their condition was stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September