Govt could force-feed Team Anna: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday indicated that the government could force-feed members of Team Anna if they continue their indefinite fast in support of their demand for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
"The government cannot allow people to die. Therefore, the government has to look into it," Digvijay Singh told a private TV here.
Pushing for a dialogue, he, however, said talks could not be held at "gun point" and called upon Anna Hazare and his associates to give up their fast.
"My own experience as chief minister is that all issues can be sorted through dialogue," he said.
He said Hazare and his associates giving up their fast will facilitate the process of dialogue.
Fasting Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, a diabetic, whose health condition has caused concern, said he was feeling weak but would not go to a government hospital where he feared he would surely die.
While Hazare`s fast against corruption entered the fourth day, Team Anna members, including Kejriwal, have been off food since a week in support of their cause. Doctors said that though they were weak, their condition was stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital