Govt could force-feed Team Anna: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday indicated that the government could force-feed members of Team Anna if they continue their indefinite fast in support of their demand for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
"The government cannot allow people to die. Therefore, the government has to look into it," Digvijay Singh told a private TV here.
Pushing for a dialogue, he, however, said talks could not be held at "gun point" and called upon Anna Hazare and his associates to give up their fast.
"My own experience as chief minister is that all issues can be sorted through dialogue," he said.
He said Hazare and his associates giving up their fast will facilitate the process of dialogue.
Fasting Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, a diabetic, whose health condition has caused concern, said he was feeling weak but would not go to a government hospital where he feared he would surely die.
While Hazare`s fast against corruption entered the fourth day, Team Anna members, including Kejriwal, have been off food since a week in support of their cause. Doctors said that though they were weak, their condition was stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal