Govt didn`t act on reports that Sarabjit can be attacked: BJP
New Delhi: Seeking to find fault with UPA government`s foreign policy, BJP on Monday said it had not acted on reports that Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh may be attacked in the Lahore jail, which could have prevented last week`s incident.
"We condemn this government`s stand on the Sarabjit issue. His family members had informed External Affairs Minister Salman Kurshid, his deputy Preneet Kaur and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that he could be attacked in jail. But still, the Indian government did not wake up and take notice," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
He insisted the government should have taken up the issue with Pakistani officials to take preventive measures which would have saved him from the attack.
BJP said the government should have acted well in time.
Similarly, on the issue of Chinese incursions into Indian territory in Ladakh, BJP alleged the policies of UPA government were responsible for it.
"Chinese troops have come 19 km inside Indian territory but still the Prime Minister is saying it is a localised action. This is not a small issue. This matter should be taken up with China at the level of the Prime Minister and the External Affairs Minister. It cannot be resolved through flag meetings," Javadekar said.
He reiterated BJP President Rajnath Singh`s stand that Khurshid should cancel his proposed visit to China on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter