`Govt diverting attention by nominating Sachin`
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev on Saturday accused the UPA government of trying to divert attention from its poor performance by nominating Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev said the government is only trying to improve its image by way of such a move.
He said Sachin should be given Bharat Ratna if the government wants to honour him. Not giving Bharat Ratna to Sachin is nothing but politics, he added.
Meanwhile, on the rift in Team Anna over joining hands with him Ramdev said it is all media speculation.
“Anna and I never said that we are merging the two movements,” Ramdev said, adding the Gandhian had only said that “we will stand together”.
My and Anna’s frequency match on issues of black money and corruption, the yoga guru said.
Reacting to Anna’s recent controversial remarks on voters, Ramdev said it is true that votes are sold during elections. The Election Commission has also acknowledged it, he added.
Ramdev further said corrupt corporates and politicians were against his and Anna’s coming together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview