`Govt diverting attention by nominating Sachin`
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev on Saturday accused the UPA government of trying to divert attention from its poor performance by nominating Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev said the government is only trying to improve its image by way of such a move.
He said Sachin should be given Bharat Ratna if the government wants to honour him. Not giving Bharat Ratna to Sachin is nothing but politics, he added.
Meanwhile, on the rift in Team Anna over joining hands with him Ramdev said it is all media speculation.
“Anna and I never said that we are merging the two movements,” Ramdev said, adding the Gandhian had only said that “we will stand together”.
My and Anna’s frequency match on issues of black money and corruption, the yoga guru said.
Reacting to Anna’s recent controversial remarks on voters, Ramdev said it is true that votes are sold during elections. The Election Commission has also acknowledged it, he added.
Ramdev further said corrupt corporates and politicians were against his and Anna’s coming together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender