`Govt diverting attention by nominating Sachin`
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev on Saturday accused the UPA government of trying to divert attention from its poor performance by nominating Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev said the government is only trying to improve its image by way of such a move.
He said Sachin should be given Bharat Ratna if the government wants to honour him. Not giving Bharat Ratna to Sachin is nothing but politics, he added.
Meanwhile, on the rift in Team Anna over joining hands with him Ramdev said it is all media speculation.
“Anna and I never said that we are merging the two movements,” Ramdev said, adding the Gandhian had only said that “we will stand together”.
My and Anna’s frequency match on issues of black money and corruption, the yoga guru said.
Reacting to Anna’s recent controversial remarks on voters, Ramdev said it is true that votes are sold during elections. The Election Commission has also acknowledged it, he added.
Ramdev further said corrupt corporates and politicians were against his and Anna’s coming together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video