`Govt diverting attention by nominating Sachin`
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev on Saturday accused the UPA government of trying to divert attention from its poor performance by nominating Sachin Tendulkar for Rajya Sabha.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev said the government is only trying to improve its image by way of such a move.
He said Sachin should be given Bharat Ratna if the government wants to honour him. Not giving Bharat Ratna to Sachin is nothing but politics, he added.
Meanwhile, on the rift in Team Anna over joining hands with him Ramdev said it is all media speculation.
“Anna and I never said that we are merging the two movements,” Ramdev said, adding the Gandhian had only said that “we will stand together”.
My and Anna’s frequency match on issues of black money and corruption, the yoga guru said.
Reacting to Anna’s recent controversial remarks on voters, Ramdev said it is true that votes are sold during elections. The Election Commission has also acknowledged it, he added.
Ramdev further said corrupt corporates and politicians were against his and Anna’s coming together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31