Govt enhances security of three major airports
New Delhi: Government has enhanced the
security of country`s major airports- Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad- by sanctioning more than 250 additional CISF personnel for these facilities.
While 60 additional Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) personnel have been authorised for the Indira Gandhi
International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi, a contingent of 100
personnel has been approved for Mumbai International Airport.
Hyderabad airport will get 75 additional para-military
troopers, Home Minister P Chidambaram told a reporters here
"The additional CISF posts have been created and
sanctioned after a security audit of these airports demanded
an increase in the number of security personnel," a senior
CISF official said.
"The personnel will enhance the strength of the armed
quick reaction teams (QRT) deployed for immediate action in
case of a threat at airports," he said.
All these airports already have deployment strength of
3,000-4,000 personnel each at present.
Chidambaram also announced sanction of additional CISF
personnel for `samadhi sthal` of late Indian leaders in Delhi
(55) and at Rajiv Gandhi memorial, Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?