Govt enhances security of three major airports
New Delhi: Government has enhanced the
security of country`s major airports- Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad- by sanctioning more than 250 additional CISF personnel for these facilities.
While 60 additional Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) personnel have been authorised for the Indira Gandhi
International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi, a contingent of 100
personnel has been approved for Mumbai International Airport.
Hyderabad airport will get 75 additional para-military
troopers, Home Minister P Chidambaram told a reporters here
"The additional CISF posts have been created and
sanctioned after a security audit of these airports demanded
an increase in the number of security personnel," a senior
CISF official said.
"The personnel will enhance the strength of the armed
quick reaction teams (QRT) deployed for immediate action in
case of a threat at airports," he said.
All these airports already have deployment strength of
3,000-4,000 personnel each at present.
Chidambaram also announced sanction of additional CISF
personnel for `samadhi sthal` of late Indian leaders in Delhi
(55) and at Rajiv Gandhi memorial, Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends