Govt erred in gauging public mood: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: In the first such admission by a Congress leader, east Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit on Friday said the government may have erred in sensing the public mood regarding the arrest of civil society leader Anna Hazare.
Dikshit, who is also the son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said at a public meeting in Vinod Nagar in west Delhi: "The government might have erred in gauging the mood of the people."
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh was also present at the function organised to mark the birth anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
However, it is "more important as to how all this ends" than what happened earlier, Dikshit said, adding he hoped the issue will end amicably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur