Govt erred in gauging public mood: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: In the first such admission by a Congress leader, east Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit on Friday said the government may have erred in sensing the public mood regarding the arrest of civil society leader Anna Hazare.
Dikshit, who is also the son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said at a public meeting in Vinod Nagar in west Delhi: "The government might have erred in gauging the mood of the people."
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh was also present at the function organised to mark the birth anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
However, it is "more important as to how all this ends" than what happened earlier, Dikshit said, adding he hoped the issue will end amicably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31