Govt examining 2G spectrum allocation cases: Pilot
New Delhi: The government on Monday said
individual cases are being examined to ascertain the
eligibility of some telecom service providers which were
granted 2G spectrum licences in 2008.
"DoT sought legal opinion on issues arising from the
observations of audit including the effective dates of
amendment of object clause in MOA, enhancement of authorised
share capital of a company, change of name of a company
"Individual cases are being further examined taking into
account the observation of the Audit and legal opinion,"
Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said
in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
Pilot said the licences were granted in 2008 as per the
guidelines, but the Director General of Audit, Post and
Telecommunications (DG Audit P&T) in its draft audit report
stated that some of these companies failed to meet DoT`s
pre-condition as they were not present in the telecom
To another question, Pilot replied a licensee (operator)
may surrender the license by giving notice of at least 60
calendar days in advance.
"In that case it shall also notify all its customers of
consequential withdrawal of service by sending a 30 calender
days notice to each of them," Pilot said.
The licensee shall pay all fees payable by it till the
date on which the surrender of the licensee (60 days from the
receipt of the notice) becomes effective, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes