Govt expects successful winter session of Parliament
New Delhi: Government expects a "good and successful" winter session of Parliament notwithstanding opposition plans for a discussion entailing voting on the issue of FDI in retail and talk about bringing a no confidence motion.
"You deal with it as it comes. At the moment, there is no no confidence motion", Kamal Nath said today after taking charge as the Parliamentary Affairs Minister.
Noting that Parliament is the "heart of democracy", he said it would be his endeavour to strive for consensus in Parliamentary processes.
"Political parties are responsible and we may have our differences. My effort is to make all political parties comprehend that it was important to take forward national good ...If we engage intensively with all ....We should have a good and successful session", he told reporters.
Nath was asked whether he visualised the winter session beginning November 21 a difficult affair in the wake of opposition plans to make a common cause on the issue of FDI in retail and talk by Mamata Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress to bring in a no confidence motion.
Nath, who has been in Parliament for the last 32 years, said though politics has become "highly combative", it should not hinder Parliamentary processes meant for national good.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'