Govt extends date for Adarsh Society reply to showcause notice
New Delhi: Accepting a request from
Mumbai`s controversial Adarsh Housing Society, Union
Environment Ministry extended the last date for
receiving its response on a show-cause notice till January 4
and made it clear that it will be the last chance.
The Society, accused of violating green laws in
construction of the 31-storey building, had requested the
Ministry yesterday to postpone the hearing scheduled for
December 29 citing the inordinate flight delays caused because
of the "unprecedented weather conditions" and also due to
non-availability of the counsels appearing on its behalf.
"As regards the request on postponment of hearing, the
matter has been examined in the Ministry for providing natural
justice and it has been decided to accept your request and
postpone the hearing for 04.01.2011 at 12.00 noon," the
Ministry said in its order.
This will be the final hearing on the notice served by
the Ministry to the Society asking why its building at Colaba
should not be demolished for allegedly violating green laws.
"This is the last and final opportunity given to you for
hearing and no further request shall be entertained for any
further postponment or extension of time and the Ministry
shall issue the final orders on the show-cause notice based on
the facts and the documents available on record," the Ministry
The Ministry noted that the Society were already given
extension for three times either to submit the reply on their
request or for hearing in the matter.
In its notice addressed to Society`s advocate Satish L
Maneshinde, the Ministry also said the representatives of the
Society have inspected the documets on December 20 and the
relevant copies were also made available to them.
The Ministry had in its order on December 15 asked the
Society to file its reply by December 24 and made it clear
that no further extension of time for filing the reply would
But the Society failed to file its reply on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered