Govt failed to present turban issue before France: Badal
New Delhi: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday alleged that the Centre failed to
present the case of Sikhs following a ban on turbans in
In an interaction with NRIs here at the Pravasi
Bharatiya Divas, Badal lamented that the Ministry of External
Affairs could not present the case properly before France on
the issue of a ban on turbans in schools in that country and
convey the hurt sentiments of the Sikh community.
He was responding to a question on the `failure` of
the Indian government to allow `pagri` to Sikh children in
About incidents of alleged racial violence, Badal said
Punjab has already lodged a protest with the Australian High
Commissioner in India and it was for Union Government to raise
this issue at highest diplomatic level to pressurise Australia
to check such attacks.
To the concern shown by NRI delegates regarding
increasing incidents of drug addiction in Punjab, Badal said
the state has launched a war on drug peddlers and smugglers
and made record recoveries during the last six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan