Govt for common counselling system for IIT, NIT
New Delhi: To smoothen the admission into
IITs and NITs, the government is considering a common
counselling system for both the sets of institutes.
At present the IITs conduct their own entrance for
taking students, while the NITs take students from the All
India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) merit list.
Students have to attend separate counselling for admission
into IITs and NITs.
However, there is a plan to have common counselling
system for both IIT-JEE and AIEEE, which was discussed at the
IIT directors` meet here yesterday.
"But, no decision could be taken. The matter will
again come up at the IIT Council meeting to be held later," an
IIT director said.
The proposed system will be of immense help as it will
smoothen the process of admission. Students will be able to
chose their institute from the common counselling session and
take admission there.
In case of separate counselling, students at times
end up taking admission in two different institutes following
which they quit one of the institutes, resulting in vacancy of
About 10 lakh students appear for AIEEE every year
while about four lakh sit for IIT-JEE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda