Govt for timely transfer of babus
New Delhi: The Centre has directed all
departments to ensure that employees are timely rotated to get
them accustomed to "challenging situations" in various
In a latest directive, the Department of Personnel and
Training (DoPT) has chalked out phase-wise plans to shift
Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officers, who have completed
their tenure in a particular ministry.
"The Rotational Transfer Policy of CSS officers
prescribes a fixed tenure of posting for an officer of the
Central Secretariat Service in a particular Ministry/
"One of the objectives of the Rotational Transfer Policy
is gaining of exposure by the officers to different
challenging situations on varied Ministries/Departments which
will not only help them individually to progress in their
career but result in the betterment of the administrative
system as a whole," an office memorandum of the DoPT said.
As per the plan, section officers (both regular and ad
hoc) who have completed their tenure (which varies from 7-14
years) service in a ministry/department, has to be transferred
by March, June and September respectively.
Under secretaries who have completed the stipulated term
of 5-7 years and office assistants need to be relocated by
April, July and October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'