Govt forced people to bear scams, price rise, crime: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday alleged the government had forced the people to bear the brunt of scams, price rise, corruption and a rising crime graph in the last year.
"The country witnessed corruption, scams, increase in crime and price rise throughout the last calendar year. People also witnessed lack of leadership, indecisiveness and faced Congress` arrogance," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He maintained that during UPA rule, India`s GDP has gone down while prices and corruption have gone up.
"In 2012, the country had to bear the brunt of scams and crime against women. Rapes across the country and the recent Delhi gang-rape have affected the country`s image abroad," Hussain said.
BJP claimed had the states, where the party or any of its NDA allies is in power not performed well, India`s GDP would be even worse.
The main opposition charged people had "lost trust" in the government and the common man "saddened" by its actions.
"But we are confident of performing the role of a strong opposition," Hussain said.
The party alleged the government is not ready to listen to grievances of either the common people or their elected representatives.
"Government should stop harassing the people. It should also call an all-party meeting and convene a special session of Parliament to pass strong laws to create fear in the minds of criminals and prevent such crimes," Hussain said.
Asked about the letter written by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to political parties seeking suggestions from them on making strong anti-rape laws, the BJP spokesperson said he has the time to write letters but not to convene an all-party meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth