Govt `frustrated`: Baba Ramdev`s aide Balakrishna
Haridwar (Uttarakhand): Baba Ramdev’s close aide Balakrishna has described the Centre as “frustrated” and added that the functioning of the trusts run by the yoga guru is “transparent.”
Interacting with media here on Thursday, Balakrishna, who is out on bail in connection with a fake passport case, said the government was frustrated since it had been exposed.
“I think the nation knows that why the government is doing such a thing. It is because we have exposed them. We were working on corruption and black money and they are just frustrated,” Balakrishna said.
He denied having received any notice or information from the government or the Enforcement Directorate (ED) regarding fresh cases of money laundering against him.
“I haven’t got any notice as of now. If it comes then we will go ahead legally. I have no knowledge about it,” he added.
Terming the functioning of the trusts run by Baba Ramdev as “transparent,” Balakrishna said, “We are positive as we are transparent and honest.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the Enforcement Directorate registered a money laundering case against Balkrishna.
The agency registered the case acting on the First Information Report (FIR) of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that had charged Balkrishna with violations of the Passport Act.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against him on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing