Govt `frustrated`: Baba Ramdev`s aide Balakrishna
Haridwar (Uttarakhand): Baba Ramdev’s close aide Balakrishna has described the Centre as “frustrated” and added that the functioning of the trusts run by the yoga guru is “transparent.”
Interacting with media here on Thursday, Balakrishna, who is out on bail in connection with a fake passport case, said the government was frustrated since it had been exposed.
“I think the nation knows that why the government is doing such a thing. It is because we have exposed them. We were working on corruption and black money and they are just frustrated,” Balakrishna said.
He denied having received any notice or information from the government or the Enforcement Directorate (ED) regarding fresh cases of money laundering against him.
“I haven’t got any notice as of now. If it comes then we will go ahead legally. I have no knowledge about it,” he added.
Terming the functioning of the trusts run by Baba Ramdev as “transparent,” Balakrishna said, “We are positive as we are transparent and honest.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the Enforcement Directorate registered a money laundering case against Balkrishna.
The agency registered the case acting on the First Information Report (FIR) of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that had charged Balkrishna with violations of the Passport Act.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against him on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today