Govt gets 108 proposals for providing inter-state connectivity
New Delhi: The government has received 108
road construction proposals from various states this fiscal to
provide inter-state connectivity, 20 of which have been
approved in-principle, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
As many as 20 of the 108 proposals are from Karnataka,
Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways R P N Singh
said in a written reply to a question.
"No commitment can be given for awarding in-principle
approval for balance proposals as it depends upon availability
of funds and conformance to stipulated criteria," Singh said.
Replying to another question, the Minister said there are
163 arbitration cases related to national highway projects
involving an amount of Rs 8,507.77 crore.
"A committee headed by B K Chaturvedi, Member Planning
Commission, was constituted for strengthening of dispute
resolution mechanism, fiscal and taxation related issues of
national highway projects. The final report/recommendations
are yet to be released," Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'