Govt in a tizzy after hoax caller imitates Sonia, probe begins
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday began its probe into a complaint by Attorney General GE Vahanvati regarding a hoax call he received from a woman imitating Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
A case was registered with the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police.
Reports claimed that the A-G had received a call from a woman imitating Sonia Gandhi, but cops declined to elaborate owing to the sensitive nature of the case.
The hoax caller, reports said, called Vahanvati when Gandhi was in New York for a medical check-up.
A newspaper report stated that the caller managed to convincingly sound unhappy over Vahanvati`s handling of crucial cases, including the coal blocks allocation issue.
The hoax caller pretending to be Gandhi told the attorney-general that he should consider "lying low and taking fewer responsibilities", says the report.
The hoax caller suggested she wasn`t happy with Vahanvati`s performance, hinting that he should consider resigning.
"We have received a complaint from the Attorney General and we are conducting preliminary enquiry into it," police officials were quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi