Govt initiates programme to develop forensic tools
New Delhi: To deal with cyber-related
crime, the government has initiated a major programme to
develop forensic tools and setting up of infrastructure for
probe and training of law enforcement and judicial offices.
Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha
that available inputs indicate that terrorists were using
several means for communication inter-alia, including use of
Internet and e-mail.
"The Department of Information Technology has
initiated a major programme on cyber forensics specifically
focused towards development of cyber forensic tools, setting
up of infrastructure for investigation and training of law
enforcement and judicial offices in use of cyber forensic
tools, to collect and analyse the digital evidence," he said
in a written reply.
Further, DIT has set up cyber forensic training
laboratories at CBI and Kerala Police for skill upgrading in
the area of cyber crime investigations and have also sponsored
projects in northeastern states to establish cyber forensic
training facilities at the state police organisations.
Besides, Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT
-In) under DIT has been set up for creating awareness about
cyber security. It performs both pro-active and reactive
roles, Maken said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list