Govt initiates programme to develop forensic tools
New Delhi: To deal with cyber-related
crime, the government has initiated a major programme to
develop forensic tools and setting up of infrastructure for
probe and training of law enforcement and judicial offices.
Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha
that available inputs indicate that terrorists were using
several means for communication inter-alia, including use of
Internet and e-mail.
"The Department of Information Technology has
initiated a major programme on cyber forensics specifically
focused towards development of cyber forensic tools, setting
up of infrastructure for investigation and training of law
enforcement and judicial offices in use of cyber forensic
tools, to collect and analyse the digital evidence," he said
in a written reply.
Further, DIT has set up cyber forensic training
laboratories at CBI and Kerala Police for skill upgrading in
the area of cyber crime investigations and have also sponsored
projects in northeastern states to establish cyber forensic
training facilities at the state police organisations.
Besides, Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT
-In) under DIT has been set up for creating awareness about
cyber security. It performs both pro-active and reactive
roles, Maken said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam