Govt interfering with working of CBI, IB dealing terror cases: BJP
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of serial blasts in Bodhgaya, BJP today charged the government is not only soft on terror but has also interfered with the working of bodies like CBI and IB which are dealing with such issues.
"We condemn the attack in Bodhgaya. The NIA is going to probe the matter. Indian Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for it as per newspaper reports.... Increasingly the impression is going around that we are soft on terror," Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad told a press conference.
Referring to the Ishrat Jahan encounter case and the reported differences between IB and CBI on it, Prasad alleged the government has created a tussle between the two agencies. The party also charged that CBI has filed a convoluted charge sheet in the encounter case.
Prasad wanted to know why the "terrorist angle" has been ignored by CBI in the charge sheet and demanded all angles should be looked into in the case.
BJP said there are "revelations" that Muzammil, the alleged handler of Ishrat Jahan, referred to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Machli 5 and is heard in one of the call intercepts as saying that he should be the first target.
"The whole conduct of CBI is very well known. In the railway cash-for-post case, the uncle (former minister P K Bansal) has been made the prime witness when his nephew (Vijay Singla) is an accused," Prasad said.
He alleged that in the coal blocks allocation scam, the government has tried to change the status report of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate