Govt interfering with working of CBI, IB dealing terror cases: BJP
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of serial blasts in Bodhgaya, BJP today charged the government is not only soft on terror but has also interfered with the working of bodies like CBI and IB which are dealing with such issues.
"We condemn the attack in Bodhgaya. The NIA is going to probe the matter. Indian Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for it as per newspaper reports.... Increasingly the impression is going around that we are soft on terror," Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad told a press conference.
Referring to the Ishrat Jahan encounter case and the reported differences between IB and CBI on it, Prasad alleged the government has created a tussle between the two agencies. The party also charged that CBI has filed a convoluted charge sheet in the encounter case.
Prasad wanted to know why the "terrorist angle" has been ignored by CBI in the charge sheet and demanded all angles should be looked into in the case.
BJP said there are "revelations" that Muzammil, the alleged handler of Ishrat Jahan, referred to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Machli 5 and is heard in one of the call intercepts as saying that he should be the first target.
"The whole conduct of CBI is very well known. In the railway cash-for-post case, the uncle (former minister P K Bansal) has been made the prime witness when his nephew (Vijay Singla) is an accused," Prasad said.
He alleged that in the coal blocks allocation scam, the government has tried to change the status report of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Queen Elizabeth in line for pay rise
- Top six excuses man gives to REJECT woman’s proposal
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!