Govt issues notification making Sachin RS member
New Delhi: The Home Ministry on Friday issued a notification formally nominating master batsman Sachin Tendulkar, actress Rekha and industrialist Anu Aga as members of Rajya Sabha.
The notification was issued a day after President Pratibha Patil gave her approval to the government`s proposal to make them members of the Upper House.
The names of Tendulkar, Rekha, and Aga were sent by the prime minister to the Home Ministry which forwarded them to the President for her approval.
Article 80 of the Constitution provides for nomination of persons having special knowledge or practical experience in matters such as literature, science, art and social service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!