Govt issuing statements instead of action: BJP on J&K attack
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday said the government extended the red carpet to Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf despite the beheading of an Indian soldier and rued that even after the Srinagar terror attack the UPA regime is only engaging in issuing statements instead of taking action.
"The attack, which was sponsored by Pakistan, was another conspiracy against India. Pakistan continues to commit this mistake again and again but our government thinks its only responsibility is to issue statements about them," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters.
The party strongly condemned in Parliament the Srinagar terror attack which led to the death of five CRPF jawans.
Hussain maintained that after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s recent statement that it will not be business as usual BJP expected some strong steps will be taken.
"But the government did not take any action. When the Pakistan Prime Minister came here last Sunday our External Affairs Minister had time to offer him delicious lunch but did not utter a word on the beheading of our soldier Hemraj," he said.
The BJP maintained that Pakistan is not likely to mend its ways in the present situation. The party insisted that Ashraf was not just a pilgrim and India`s concern should have been conveyed to Pakistan in strong words.
"Instead of taking up this issue, the Indian government played a gracious host. Now after the Srinagar attack while the whole country is agitated, the Home Minister has come out with just a statement," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing